Yes, another temperature question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

magouster

Daemon Poster
Hi, I tried a search, and read the sticky at the top of this page, but I can't find anything relating directly with this question!

What is the maximum safe temperature for the 7800GT? I have the 7800GS, but it uses the G70 core with all 20 pipelines, so its effectively a 7800GT in AGP form. What temps do you 7800-users get under load for your cards?

*edit*

Tested it, and with everything turned WAAAAYYYYYY up in F.E.A.R. it maxes out at 71C. Is that too hot? It reaches that temp after about 3 hours straight.

That isn't TOO HOT, yet if your really worried you could just slap some AS5 onto it :)

but then... since there isn't anything out yet (3rd party) that will support after market cooling on a GS... it's not bad... Arctic cooling is supposed to come out with a solution in June.... Wait and see.... no worries.... I has mine up 78C and no problems.... and mine is OC'd..

And my 7800GS has a particularly difficult HSF to remove. But it's really efective. Try to look it up, this Gainward card is the bomb. Stock speed is 425/1300, I've got it at 480/1400, and it maxes out at 71-72C, so I'm happy! And its pretty warm in London at the moment, and even warmer in my room! No complaints then!

my 6800gs gets around 75C underload and its OCed ALOT and the new cores run cooler than the older ones so you should be good

You should be alright I've come accross a few 7800GTs in the past and that's about the temperature they run at when running at high load, usually in the past I've found the temperature to be even higher than that so it shouldn't be a problem.

The 7800 GT and the GTX use the same G70 GPU right? It's odd how different our temps are. My 7800 GTX idles at 40-45 degrees C and under full load only gets up to about 55 degrees C.

Gainwards are awesome, I'll stick with them as long as I can. My Gainward Bliss 6800GS maxes @ 80C which is fine for me considering its stock, and running @ 510/1450 last I checked! Friggin awesome!

Charlie -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom