ask ur opinion on what i should buy ($4000 budget)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jono2006

Baseband Member
hi i am kinda new to hardware and stuff and i was just wondering whether some people could give me their opinion on a really powerfull high-performance graphics card (with 256mb VRAM). Also should i get a PhysX Card? im am not very familiar with them and that so if u could help me. Also the cards have to be compatible with a laptop.

my budget is at around $4000 and also remember i have to be able to have money left over for other hardware. remember i am very new when it comes to hardware so dont flame me for not knowing anything plz.

Hmmm... I dont know. With a $4000 budget, you might not have enough to buy a video card with 256mb vram. You might just have to settle for a video card with 128mb vram.

hmm $4000...i suggest an intel pentium 2 450mhz proc, 64 mb of ddr133 ram and a TNT1 2mb graphics card

what? u have money left? spend em all on the newest games so u can actually do "something" with your brand new $4000 pc.

Ok dont know if this is suppose to be a joke or not but I will give some advice if for some reason it is not. Save yourself some money and go for a great comp. If you dont want to (or dont know how to build a comp) I will suggest a great site for you.

As for the parts, my personal suggestion for your bugget is as follows (which is basicly maximizing everything though without getting things that are just to much for to much I guess :p).

Motherboard: Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 Chipset

Case: Nzxt Lexa Gaming Tower Case

Powersupply: NZXT PF-500 500 Watt Power Supply (Antec is what I am getting though this is what is offered at this site if you dont want to build it yourself which is recommended by them)

Processor: AMD® Athlon-64 X2 4600+ CPU w/ Hyper Transport Technology

Cooling: Liquid CPU Cooling Fan System Kit

Ram: 2048 MB [1024MB X2] DDR-400 PC3200 Corsair

Graphics card: 7900 gt 256mb (you can get a 7900 gtx with 512 but it will up the final price of this build by $279.00)

Hard Drive: 250 GB HARD DRIVE [Serial-ATA-II, 3Gb, 7200 RPM, 8M Cache]

Cd/dvd drive: 16X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive

Sound Card: Creative Lab Sound Blaster Audigy SE

Speakers: Cintre RW-6510 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers + Subwoofer

Fax/Modem: Creative Labs V.92 56K Fax/Modem

Network card: Onboard LAN Network

Floppy Drive: 1.44 MB Internal Floppy Drive

Keyboard: Logitech Deluxe Keyboard

Mouse: Logitech Optical Internet Mouse

Operating System (otherwise knows as OS): MS Windows XP Home Edition w/Service Pack-2 [w/Free Game - Age of Empires III]

Case Round cables: Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower

That setup right there is $1,956.00. Now if this is a joke then hey just making sure if it wasnt, if it indeed was not a joke then I do not recommend building the computer. You can customize this exact same spec at WWW.IBUYPOWER.COM. This is a computer gaming site with multiple awards.

I have recommended this site to some of my friends who did not want to build their computer. You can go customize it there the way you want, and believe me 4000 big ones can get you PLENTY so go there and check it out. I also recommend you look for the gamer fx on that site and customize it from there. Or you can just use the build I just told you, it will get anything you want done pretty much.

^^^No way.

X2 4800+
2*1GB of RAM
x1900xtx

You should pretty much build around that.

Yes that is good too, the point of the post was to tell him he does not need to go SUPER and can save some money without getting things like that, though if he wants to spend the extra money then go ahead get the x2 4800, but I personally like Nvidia alot better then Ati. If you notice that build will perform pretty much like the one you posted, the point is to understand there will be barely noticeable system performance diffrence.

Aswell just go to the site I mentioned and customize there for what you want, if you want to go all out....go for it, should not cost you above 4k at all, comps are not that expensive (exept for dell's little monsters....).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom