ati aiw 9600 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblaze725

In Runtime
i have an ati all in wonder 9600 pro and was wondering if there was anything i could do to make it run better. i believe that i downloaded the latest driver from the website and i changed the setting in my bios to have the agp slot run at 73 mhz instead of 66 which improved it a little bit. is there anything else i can do.

i know how to overclock the processor but how do you overclock the graphics card. is that what i did when i set the agp to 73 instead of 66.

jblaze725 said:
i have an ati all in wonder 9600 pro and was wondering if there was anything i could do to make it run better. .

Huh?????

Run better?

I have a Radeon 9600 XT and it runs EVERY game that i have CRYSTAL CLEAR.

And I'm talking about the top quality games today, and those include FarCry (runs perfect), BF Vietnam (runs perfect), C&C Generals (WOW), Deus Ex (not perfect, but acceptable).

So I don't know why you would want it to run better!!??

If you want some VERY GOOD gameplay but terrible graphics, simply go into your ATI Control Panel and on the "3d MODE" tab, drag the bar all the way down to the lowest it will go, or the second to lowest.....

This makes the graphics quality quite low, but helps games run MUCH better.

Good luck though. :)

You can download Powerstrip to OC it:confused:

And Chubz, I don't think he has an XT, he has the slower 9600:rolleyes:

I DO HAVE THE SLOWER 9600 AND I ALSO DOWNLOADED POWERSTRIP AND OVERCLOCKED MY CARD A LITTLE BIT. I HAVENT HAD ANY PROBLEMS PLAYING ANY GAMES AS OF YET AS FAR AS I CAN TELL I JUST WANNA MAKE SURE IT RUNS ALL GAMES AS BEST AS POSSIBLE.

If you're that picky, get a new video card. You could prolly sell that one on e-bay for 100 bucks and then you just have to find another 300 bucks for the 9800XT.

jblaze725 said:
I DO HAVE THE SLOWER 9600 AND I ALSO DOWNLOADED POWERSTRIP AND OVERCLOCKED MY CARD A LITTLE BIT. I HAVENT HAD ANY PROBLEMS PLAYING ANY GAMES AS OF YET AS FAR AS I CAN TELL I JUST WANNA MAKE SURE IT RUNS ALL GAMES AS BEST AS POSSIBLE.

Well you don't have to yell about it:rolleyes:

The only way your gonna maximixze your gaming performance is by buying a 9800XT:rolleyes: Your card either runs games well or its doesn't, if your having to run graphics all on medium and still only get 20fps, then yeah, obviously your gonna need a video card pretty damn soon;) If you wanna upgrade get the 9800 Pro, its still plenty and should run future games like DOOM3 and HL2 rather well:)

not yelling just too lazy to worry about capitalizing and punctuation. like i said i havent had problems yet everythings been running well so far with no lag or anything and i havent had to sacrifice any quality yet and i also used powerstrip to oc my card slightly i just trying to prepare for the future in case i run into problems.

jblaze725 said:
not yelling just too lazy to worry about capitalizing and punctuation. like i said i havent had problems yet everythings been running well so far with no lag or anything and i havent had to sacrifice any quality yet and i also used powerstrip to oc my card slightly i just trying to prepare for the future in case i run into problems.

When then you should be set with that card for another year or so before you'll need to upgrade;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom