I have a question about building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imaminuteman04

Baseband Member
I have an PC CHIPS 851 motherboard. i cant seem to find the place where the front LED's, Audio and USB sockets attach to the motherboard. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Mike

just look in the manual. There are like USB1 and stuff on the motherboard. Look in the manual and look and see where it says like USB+1 or somthing like that.

As for the LEDs and stuff, its the same spot the power/reset switch are plugged in. Theres a spot in the lower right hand corner of the mobo that has four 2 pin inputs color coded like this:

grey | red
yellow| blue

Those will be the LED and power/reset inputs.

As for USB, youll need to look in your mobo manual.

As for front sound, if you have a sound card, you cant hook em up (without a lot of work). If youre running onboard sound there may be a spot for em. Itll be in the manual.

ok i figured out the USB but and im not really worried about the audio connector. But the led connectors are really confusing me.. In the manual it has pin 2 and 4 connected to FP PWR/SLP ... im wondering what that is? and thanks for helping out a NEWB guys.

there are 5 two pin connectors coming out of the front panel (so 10 spots) but there are only 9 pins coming off the front panel connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom