XPS vs mALX

Status
Not open for further replies.
NosBoost300 said:
try sager computer.. i think that was it, they got some nice cheap sli laptops.. i think it was sager. well it was some laptop manufacturer..

I looked into this (it was www.sagernotebook.com BTW) and this has some cool laptops for under the price of the mALX.

but I looked at alienware a little more and ended up with a great find in a customized aurora m9700. I get the SLI without the outrageous price of the mALX. It cost me about $1000 less.

for the aurora m9700 I raised the RAM to 2 GB and got the dual nvidia 7900s and a couple of accessories like mouse and headphones.

I came up with $3,279.00. is there problems you guys can see right away, something I forgot? BTW guys i really appreciate you helping me.

i see no problem.. that is an excellent build, and i myself would also go with alienware for a laptop.. i couldnt resist 19 inch widescreen... 1440x900... and not only that, the laptops look so **** sexy... you can't deny alienware has the best looking cases...

alienware laptops do have the coolest looking cases and they are very good but very expensive. The cost doesn't bother me as much as the laptops alleged inability to upgrade.

everybody here tells me that laptops are bad unless you have a real need for one and I should get a desktop but it doesn't seem like laptops cost much more than desktops of the same quality.

well for what your making, you could build a desktop for under 2000 dollars, but laptops are less hastle, more mobile.. but overheat and die much faster... but you can take that on the go.. and there is nothing better than a comp on the go :)

ya, laptops are handy to take on the go but If i can build a cheaper desktop with the same power and one that will have a long life than i think i will forget about a laptop.

if I am getting a desktop should i still stick with alienware?

You are aware that you're not getting the same exact specs as you are with a desktop, right? The "GO" in the name of your graphics cards (i'm not sure what it stands for), but it's a mobility thing, meaning it performs worse. And mobility ram is also much worse than desktop ram.

melonabusar2 said:
You are aware that you're not getting the same exact specs as you are with a desktop, right? The "GO" in the name of your graphics cards (i'm not sure what it stands for), but it's a mobility thing, meaning it performs worse. And mobility ram is also much worse than desktop ram.

I was wondering if mobile stuff was worse. Like the AMD Turion but i wasn't sure if they were worse or more expensive to match the desktop performance. And this answers my question, thank you.

ya, they're worse.. and if you want a desktop.. build it, its extremely cheap compaired to getting an alieware.. sure the case is nice, but if you want the case that bad, get it on ebay :p ..... you could have alot more for alot less building

Post the specs of the Alienware DESKTOP that you configured in here. We can give you links to everything that you choose and will show you how much you can save. Also about the soldering parts question... you do not need to solder parts, you just connect them all to their proper areas and you're set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom