Help With Opteron...

Status
Not open for further replies.
woa wtf

I was priming but then all of the sudden I got theese weird checker boxes up at the top portion of my screen, and my mouse wasent responding at all....I shut down...

what does that mean..?

Might be a sign of instability, make sure before you go any further you have the appropriate system recovery/error settings enabled

Right click my computer > properties > advanced > startup and recovery > settings

Make sure that under system failure that all of the boxes are checked off as this should save your operating system and boot sector from corrupting unless you're testing with ridiculous settings

Damnet I didnt do that yet...

What Should I do next....? Im in the BIOS, but now you have gotten me scared that Im going to corrupt My OS..

Well first make sure your memory will be able to run what is was rated to run at so put in the correct parameters and boot at 250HTT and prime for about 10 minutes just to make sure it's working ok

From there you can start increasing in increments of 10 and making the appropriate adjustments...the memory settings will be very very selective so you have to make adjustments pretty much one by one to figure out which works. The ones I've mentioned above I've found are pretty sensitive to the memory controller from my experience

You won't do anything to your OS assuming you don't try and boot at 400HTT or some crap

So I should just Change My ram Timings back to 3-4-4-8?

and sorry I cant find where to change to 250HTT...

and when you say increasing in increments of 10, what am I acctualy increasing? My FSB? and if so how long would I have to prime after evrey 10?

thanks for the help gaara:)

this is your memory right?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231021

if it is then yeah you'll set your basic RAM latencies to 3-4-4-8 1T probably at 2.7v and make sure that's stable at 250HTT (same as setting FSB to 250...HTT=FSB). I see your timings are already pretty relaxed at 250HTT so you probably won't get much further than that

When I say increments of 10, I mean increasing HTT/FSB to 260, 270, 280 etc., and you would probably have to run prime for anywhere from 10-30 minutes although if it's unstable it will generally fail within the first 5 minutes

Ok:)

Il go fix the ram, and post back with the Prime results...

Ok so heres what it looks like:

Ras to cas : 3

Min Ras avtive time: 4

Row Precharge: 4

Row Cycle: 8

what Should I do with the

row refresh cyc :24

row to row delay: 3

write recovery: 3

Write to Read: 2

Read to Write: 3

and the refresh period : 3120

Actual first what BIOS version are you using antrax, I might be giving you the completely wrong settings as some of the earlier revisions do not have the same settings are the later ones

try row to row at 4 and read to write at 4

might wanna talk to nubius then as I think he was using a similar version, I've only ever used a modified 310 bios and now I'm using bigtoes modified 704 since I needed support for the opteron that the 310 didn't have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom