Help With Opteron...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord AnthraX

Fully Optimized
Ok I have my Opteron 175 OC'ed to 2.55 GHz so far on 1.35 Vcore.

My teps are excellent with 25 C at Idle and 31 full Load.

here are my settings in the Genie Bios.

FSB-230

LDT/FSB frequency- Auto

LDT Bus Transfer Width Down 16 up 16

VCORE @ 1.35

LDT Bus Voltage @ 1.22

Chip Set Voltage @ 1.54

DRAM Voltage @ 2.68

CPU VID Control-Auto

CPU VID Special Control

DRAM freq. Auto

Command Per Clock- Auto

CAS latency control - 3.0

RAS to Cas Delay - Auto

Automin RAS active time Auto

Row Precharge Time Auto

Row cycle Time 07 Bus clocks

Row Refresh cyc time : Auto

Row to Row Delay: 02 Bus Clocks

Write recovery time- 02 Bus Clocks

Write to read delay - 02 Bus Clocks

Write to read delay- 03 Bus Clocks

Refresh Period- 3120 Cycles

Write CAS Latency- Auto

DRAM bank Interleave Enabled

I think What I need to do is run a divider (ddr366) and find my max cpu...then do the same with my ram..

I just have a couple of questions...

If Im finding my max how long do I have to Prime?
also Should I superpi when finding my max?

thanks...any ideas/reccomendations helps :)

Il also be posting at XS if you want to help me there or somthing..

They suggest 6-24 hours of running prime, but I would say run it for 12 hours just to be sure ;)

Ok, first off you have DDR500 ram so a ram divider at this point is not neccesary (unless you got some dud chips). I usually run Prime95 overnight (8 hours), and SuperPI doesnt test stability but you can run it anyways. If it crashes then you definetly know its not stable.

I would start upping the FSB around 10 each time, then if you are really scared run Prime95 overnight, if not run 2 instances of SuperPI 32M then move on.

I would suggest Prime95 though.

Run Prime95, the longer you run it, the more your guarteed a stable overclock.

Up the FSB, prime95, up, prime, up, prime, YAY :D

you might need to change your sig, cough CNPS9500

You wanna find your max ram speeds first before your max CPU speeds because once you start running 1:1 your CPU may need a bit more vcore depending on your memory controller

Start with this:

Genie BIOS:
Auto
16/16
7x
100MHz
Disable
Startup
1.200v
+113%
1.3v
1.6v
2.7v
Enable

DRAM Settings:
1:1
Enabled
Your rated Cas
Your rated Ras to Cas
Your rated tras
Your rated ras precharge
3120 cycles
Enabled
Auto
Auto
Level 3
8ns
Normal
7ns
32 cycles
Disable
16x
7x
Disable (4 burst)

Start there since that is what your memory should be rated, bump up in increments of 10Mhz and test with both memtest and prime95 using lots of memory (eg. dual priming w/ 800mb each). Once you run into stability tweak your first four rated timings to accomodate the higher speeds until you've reached what you want. If you run into stability issues also try loosening max async latency all the way to 10ns, read preamble to 8ns, dram idle cycle limit all the way to 256clocks, and r/w queue bypass all the way to 2x. You may also wanna try disabling CPC. Make sure your controller says in 128bit. May also wanna try bumping up vdimm to 2.8 or even 2.9, chipset to 1.7v and vLDT to 1.4v once you get 280HTT+

Once you've got that then we start the fun of overclocking both core and memory together

wait...

On the bus clocks I think you missed on..

I have 16, 24 ,03 but the write recovery time only goes up to 2, not 3 as you mentioned...

btw im on laptop for now so I can prime...

Also when you say Your rated, you mean auto right? or he timing that came with the ram stick.

Probably sense it's at DDR500 he's saying put it on stock timings which were like 3-3-3-8 or something. Then keep going up then loosen the timings more.

By rated I mean your RAM should been marketed as something like 250MHz/DDR500 @ 3-4-3-8 or something like that, which basically means it's guranteed to do 250HTT at those settings

I'm looking at write recovery time and I see mine is set at 3...A64 tweaker might be misreading it or I might have messed up the order above but I'm pretty sure there should by a parameter for 3...if not just set it to 2, not a big deal

Memtest is only a really easy way of picking out unstable memory but generally you'll wanna use prime95 considering I've had instances where I've been memtest stable for a couple of hours, then tried to boot into windows and got BSODs almost immediately

BTW you should also be taking note of what your DRAM settings are at specific speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom