New PC won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

gator12090

Beta member
Hi I have just finished putting in all of the hardware for my new computer. I thought I did everything correctly, but when I turn it on, the fans spin for about 1 second and then everything shuts off. I know it is kind of hard to tell what the problem is, but maybe someone can. The mobo has a 24 pin atx input, but my psu only has 20 pin, so I plugged the 20 pin into the 24 pin input and the 12V into the 12V. I read that this should work. The only case cord I have plugged in is the power button dord. Maybe my psu isn't strong enough.

Got any assistance? Please give it to me.
Adam

Hardware:
Antec true430 430 watt.
Athlon 64 3000+.
Epox Ep-8npa mobo.
2x512 Mb corsair valu select RAM.
Evga 256 Mb 7600gs.
Seagate 80 Gb 3.0G/s

Get a 24-pin PSU, and plug everything into where its supposed to go. If that doesn't work, reset your CMOS.

How olds the psu, the true power 2.0 is 24pin are you saying you have the top 4 pins empty on the atx mobo connector? Come on how would you think that would work. Every psu I have seen in the last year or so are all 24 and you can seperate the top four and use them on a 20.

If you read a little bit, everything should work when the 20 pin is plugged into the 24 pin, leaving the last 4 pins empty. For example, read here

Hey buddy, that may and should not be what is causing the problem. When building a computer, one must evaluate all possible problems.

I am just saying the first thing I would try is a proper psu for that board. Do you know those four pin's are for your pci-e graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom