Auto
Disable
8x
7x
256 clocks
Disable
?
?

okay.. after trying... no go.... a few things were different than what you put. such as hyper transport.. some reason it was perentages and not a number... there is no boot... i just have it set to 2.8 right now, but i need to try the timings on 2.8, i still have not tried that

you can probably not worry about vLDT since it's not really that important...it would probably help if you posted your current settings though

Opterons are annoying though, for example, mine will do 280*9 at about 1.350v but after that it doesn't wanna go further without mad vcore adjustments, I think it has to do with my memory controller being weak though which is kinda lame

well i guess 2.8 is just dandy for me, i've reached a holt that i'm probably not going to pass... but fx57 speeds seems just fine to me. But now it seems i have a gpu problem...

guess you should have got a 3700+ ....i got mine up to 2.9 with stock cooling. and my mobo doesnt let me go past 1.45 v core

Trying ocing the ram, see if that helps, and change the Mem divider to 5:4, that would help you, and try loosening the timings, as already stated.

DONT STOP TILL U REACH 3.0GHz, just to say you actually did something with ur life, lol.

hahahaha, ya i tell myself that often.... and i don't think it'll go higher than ddr600... but i'll give it a shot

and to whomever said the athlons worked better... lets see how's dies first when overclocked :p.... server power! haha

yes.. like the title says, the opteron will not go any higher than 2.86 ghz.... which makes me sad...
Psht, how do you think I felt having to fight to get 2.7GHz stable and that freakin requires 1.504v for that AND I'm water cooling. So you can just go to 'heck' with that sadness!

Next step is to remove my IHS......I think I just may get crazy enough to do it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom