motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy345

In Runtime
Whats a good motherboard on newegg.com that can support a 3.0GHZ P4 Prescott with hyper threading. It needs to have APG 8X and be able to support 2GB of ram. It doesnt need onboard video and i would like it to be micro atx.

Also whats a good computer case that is micro atx?

for the motherboard...anything asus

the case is going to be personal preference...but you definitely need to pay attention to what power supply you're going to be using...

I always recommend Enermax PSU's as the #1 choice...especially dual fan, noisetaker and liberty models.

narrow it down to about 5 cases you like and provide some links...im sure people wont mind bashing them...whichever gets bashed least will be the case for you :)

I already have a 480w Antec PSU. And i would like some people to say what cases they think are good.

people aren't going to just do all the work for you...

if you have a good PSU, any case will be good enough.

i use the cheapest case i could find...the metal is thin as newsprint.

depends if your processor is socket 478 or 775...lol...try reading the box...or looking at the pin configuration and comparing it to google images...you should be able to figure this type of thing out yourself.

It is 478. I just want to make sure everything will work right. I dont want to end up buying something and it not working so I like to check and make sure.

Mündo said:
for the motherboard...anything asus

I have a ASUS P5VDC-MX and it's a junk board, I had to RMA the board the first time and the second one still has problems. I think it's the chipset. But anything else you're **** right. I would stay away form the VIA chipsets.

as for case dont just get ANYthing like most people seem to be telling you. There are other factors you have to take into consideration, first and foremost is airflow, room for fans, is it roomy? you dont want a tight squeeze to stick ur hands in when putting it together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom