Play a game w/o the needed CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirvana89

In Runtime
Okay, we have the Sims 2 discs here. It requires you to use the 1st cd to play the game. I want to know if there is any way in which you can play the game without the cd.

I got Alcohol 120% and tried the image making wizard. When the program starts "dumping" the cd onto the computer, so to speak, I just get error block after error block and it would take an hour or more to finish (when on the help section it walks you through and it only takes 2 minutes for a whole game disc). I set it all up the way the help section had it except for one thing. In which I forget. If you all know exactly how to do this...then plz let me know. If you need more info, let me know.

I clicked the link and other sites said that you get negative side effects from using the no-cd patch.

So I tried a virtua cd program or whatever and it pretty much tried to do the same thing as Alcohol did. It tried to create an ISO image so that I could then put that on my virtual drive. But as it is "dumping" the game information onto the hardrive, I just get tons of errors. Every "block" of the game is an error. I don't get why. ANyone have some ideas?

are you sure that you are using the most recent version of alcohol? also, make sure that when you use the image making wizard, safedisk is selected (not safedisk 2/3). Make sure that you are using the SLOWEST speed you can read with. When it goes to the progress screen wait till it gets to about 4 or 5 % done, then choose to cancel the process. It will ask you if you want to keep the files. choose yes and then close alcohol. Now download DAEMON TOOLS. google search for it, its free. install it and then right click on the little icon next to your clock. Choose virtual CD/DVD and then choose a device (anyone doesnt matter). now, locate the file you ripped with alcohol and select ok. That image is now mounted, and the sims should work without the disk in the disk drive. (this method is called a mini-image because the image only takes up about 1mb or so, as oposed to about 650) good luck!!!

Ok, I tried finding a patch for the sims 2 game and it was actually kind of hard. A forum with a thread specifically about that had only a few guys that found it. THey were emailing them to friends not posting the links...pretty retarded. I didn't feel like registering and all of that. I did find something that guided me through how to get it working. It told me to download a mini file of the game (the 1st cd I think) after installing the game. THen I used daemon tools to get it running. It worked and the cd is no longer needed. All of that work was for my mother.

Now my sister wants to install the game on her computer. She tried to install the game and when it gets to 31% on the second CD it stops installing. Something goes wrong. It just feezes, the sound of the cd running stops, and it just sits at 31%. She can do other things but it stops. She restarted and tried again, but it still didn't work.

My mother had the same problem but with her first cd. She traded it in for another set and it worked for her. Now the same set wont work for my sister. I'm outta ideas, so, Warez, looks like I could use some help again.

I've had this trouble with Alcohol as well. This is why I dont even bother making my own ISO's anymore I simply download them from torrent sites since someone else has done the work already. I do use my legal store bought key though and it has worked great for me with Daemon Tools.

yeah. The game is paid for and everything. It just wont install. Don't know why. But the cd's stop installing on the second of 4 discs

*most* games or program that require cd can just have a value changed in the registry to make it not require it, thats what a no cd patch usually does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom