Geforce FX 5200 (not ultra) over MX 440?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chubz

Banned
I have been looking for a better video card to put in my moms computer. My dads has a Radeon 9600 XT, so Im okay there, but my moms has a TERRIBLE Geforce MX 440-SE AGP 4x.

When comparing the two, the FX 5200 Looks much better.

FX 5200 -
AGP 8x
DX 9 Support
128mb of video memory

MX 440 SE -
AGP 4x (bleh)
DX 8 Support (bleh for gamers)
64mb of video memory (aging every day......)

So how much better do you think the FX 5200 would be?????
At walmart it costs just 100$ or less, so would it be worth buying to replace my MX 440? (the reason why I'm not shooting for better cards is simply due to financial reasons, heh)

Thanks for any help! :)

You will notice an immediate difference in your game play. You are going to find that there is more detail in the maps and clarity of the game.

If you are going to use it for just surfing the net or checking email, you won't see any major difference.

The benefit would be for the graphic extensive applications.

Ok, thanks for the help.

Do you have a Geforce FX 5200 (non ultra) and if not, have you ever tried one?

Like you said about applications that need graphics power, that is for me and is the reason why i need it.

I am pretty much a PC gamer and that is one of the main things I do on my PC :p

Once again, thanks for the help. These forums rule!!!! ;)

When compared to the 440... Yes ..the 5200 is a far superior card .. n' u will defianately notice a major differance on any game.

But think 'bout it again .. if ur as u say pretty much a PC gamer ..then i would definately not suggest u to go for the 5200 ...
Go for the Radeon 9600 or atleast the 5600 FX ( though if between the 2 the 9600 is way better)

HoLoCroN said:
I have a 5200 256MB - its awesome...

Oh, ok :)

Is it the non-ultra version?

If so, what games do you play, and how well do they run?
(im talking about major graphic games such as BF Vietnam, C&C Generals, Call of Duty, you get the point! :D )

Chubz said:
Oh, ok :)

Is it the non-ultra version?

If so, what games do you play, and how well do they run?
(im talking about major graphic games such as BF Vietnam, C&C Generals, Call of Duty, you get the point! :D )

You don't need 256mb of memory because todays games can't fully utilize it yet.:confused:

i never have any graphics problems and i'm only using a geforce 3 ti 200 128mb ... no slowdown or problems when using the highest settings in games!

so am guessing that any card above this has got to be pretty good!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom