Mafia trouble... don't know if it's the right place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamer

Beta member
Hi there...
I finally got my PC working... Now I wanna play Mafia. Bough the game and when I play, it runs great, no lag, nothing but it's always like flashing. Dunno how to explain it some object disappear, the image flashes... :( Any of you had this problem before?? I got a Voodoo 5 5500 64Mb AGP card so I'm pretty sure that's the problem but haven't found any patch or anything... Thanks!

I have never played mafia, but my guess is that you can try this. Try turning down the graphics detail of the game. step it up and down and see if you can fix the problem. If you can, it may be another part of your computer.

Have you tried other games? do you have the problem on them too, or is mafia the only one?

Voodoo huh? 3DFX has WAY out of date drivers from what I hear. They went out of business a long time ago. I dont know how new mafia is, but I am thinking it could be a driver problem.

if you are using win xp... i suggest downloading some of the unoffical drivers which were made after 3dfx went bankrupt! just look on google!

Yea... I know that Voodoo is no longer supported by any game... But anyways, I heard that there were some tweaks and patches for some games so you can use a voodoo card (like there's one for Ut2003)... And I downloaded a third party driver from voodoofiles.com... Now every other game works... Well those using an OpenGL engine... Voodoo always had trouble with D3D based games... So Mafia is a D3D-like based game. I can play Mobile Forces perfectly which is using the old UT engine which is optimized for OpenGl and Glide especially 3DFX Glide games... Anyways, I guess I'll have to buy a new video card also... Always trouble with me :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom