Active Directory Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think your scope is wrong or you are pulling a DHCP address from somewhere else. Your scope is 161.63.236.1 - 254, but your IP address is 192.168.x.x. I would make your DHCP scope 161.63.236.11 - 161.63.236.254 and leave 1-10 open for static devices like your router, switches, servers, etc.

what I did first was set the server to a static ip address of 161.63.236.10 and when I found out that didnt work, I let it get its own address which was 192.168.1.105 or 06 and now it works. Ill try that when I get home

OK, I know I'm missing a step somewhere but I just install AD again just for more practice but this time I'm going more indepth. Now I'm trying to make a new user but it wont let me create one because the security policy. I have checked the policy, I changed it, disable it, and still cant make it.

What account are you logging in with and what type of user is it? It has permission to access the AD DOMAIN you are trying to create the user in yes?

Logging in with the Administrator account

I made test OU and then I tried to add a user to the KY OU and thats when I receive the error

OK, I got it. I was in the wrong level, the baseline instead of domain level. I'm sure I'll have more questions shortly. Thanks

Warez, did you get the static IP addresses working? It appear that the address you were recieving from DHCP is actually a Private IP address (192.168.0.0 - 255.255) which made me beleive there is another DHCP server there in your network, maybe a router? or a rogue server.

How did you get the network 161.63.0.0 /16, was this given to you by the ISP for your company? And where exactly are you configuring this server? At work or another location? Just wanted to know more detail...

Im doing this at home

I gave it a static ip address. I gave it the ip address the it pulled which was 192.168.1.108 and all is working well. I had a couple other issues but there had to do with a reboot and I needed to authorize the server. Now I can login using my xp computer will connected to the domain. Now Im going to install Exchange Server 2003 and see how that goes.

Yea, because when I read your post I didn't get rather you was doing this at work.

It looks like you have another DHCP server at home, you are connected to a home router perhap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom