Sadly the opteron has peaked....

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
yes.. like the title says, the opteron will not go any higher than 2.86 ghz.... which makes me sad... :( ...... sniffles i got close to a 50 % increase, thats good enough for me... running dividers did not work... i have the voltage at 1.48 right now, and i don't really want to try higher.. i'm idoling at 31 degrees, and under full load its 47.. so i know its not temps... maybe i could try upping the voltage, has anyone had this barrier before, should i try upping the voltage... should i try getting 3.0 ghz??

Have you done anything to your RAM? It might be holding you back. Mine is at 2.8ghz right now with 1.475 vCORE, i can go higher FSB but i dont want to run a higher vCORE. Ive gotton it too boot about 3ghz but i quickly shut it down...lol. :p

Isnt 2.86 good enough for you? I mean, you now have an awesomely fast cpu for very cheap. :confused:

Please try the following settings (I don't the specifics of your memory so this is partly a guessing game, any half decent memory should boot at these settings though unless you're using BH-5/UTT chips)

Genie BIOS:
Auto
16/16
10x
100MHz
Disable
Startup
1.350v
+113%
1.4v
1.7v
2.8v
Enable

DRAM Settings:
1:1
Enabled
3120 cycles
Enabled
Auto
Auto
Level 3
10ns
Normal
8ns
256 cycles
Disable
16x
7x
Disable (4 burst)

my bio's looks nothing like that, i have phoenix, ram divider such as 1:1 isnt there, for one to one i leave it at whats claimed ddr 500... stupid abit..

i recognize most of that though, i'll try that out tonite, seeing as i'm leaving soon to my friends house thanks for the hlep though, i hope i reach my goal of 3.0 ghz

try changing the ram divider to 5:4, see what happens. or try OCing the ram by upping its voltage.

alright i tried plugging in those numbers... but no good, my bios is in a totally different order than that, and i still tried... but i got long beeps, so i'm guessing i put everything in wrong. So here is the order my bios goes.

Soft Menu Setup
CPU OPERATING SPEED
-cpu fsp block
-multiplier factor
-pcie clock
VOLTAGE CONTROL
-cpu
-ddr ram
-ddr ref
-nforce4
-hypertransport

Advanced Chipset Features
DDR RAM CONFIG
-dram clock
-cas latency time
-row cycle time
-row refresh time
-min ras active
-ras to cas
-ras precharge
-ras to ras
-write recovery
-write to read delay
-read to write delay
-dram command rate
-read preamble value
-max async latency value
-bank enterleaving
-burst length
-dram drive strength
-force 64 bit
-r/w queue bypass center
-bypass max
-idle cycle limit
-dynamic idle cycle count
-mtrr mapping
-32 bit dram memory hole

if there's anything i left out thats needed just let me know and i'll edit this and add in anything else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom