Dual Processor Config Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBoy

Beta member
I am looking to build a new dual processor pc, preferably one with AMD processors. It'll be used for some graphic design and 3D animation rendering with Flash, 3D Studio Max, and After Effects. Any suggestions on motherboards and CPU's? I'm also looking into having a large amount of hard drive space for the graphics, animations, and other stuff. Probably around 300 or more gigs. Any suggestions on good hard drives?

i dont think AMD sells dual processors only intel. There called Xeon. I would go with westen digital. There HD's have 8MB of cache. What that means is, it will like load up things faster. Like find it in the HD and make it load up faster. I dunno about 300 gigs... I mean i dunno a lot about graphics. I dunno how much space they take up.

yea. Im not saying anything about AMD.. but they say that AMD's are better then intel only for games. I dont wanna like start a debet on this im just saying... Like since ur going to do like 3D animation and stuff like that, i think you should go with Xeon. Also, why are u going with dual processors? Liek if ur really into it and u have a lot of experience with 3d animation then yea get it. But if ur just starting it, then i would just get like a P4 HT or somthing. But i mean what ever floats ur boat.

Ok, thanks for the help. I'm more than likely going to go with AMD. Either MP or Opteron. Depending on the deals I can get on either.

if you gonna work with graphics i suggest to take SCSI i am pretty sure they are faster than SATA as far as i remember SATA = 10k RPM SCSI can get to 15K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom