Has anyone bought it yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone not get the fact that it significantly decreases fps in graw and the fact it puts all the weight on the video card for rendering so you also get fps jumps on explosions. I got this info from a post here on tf about it and the fact you can just look at the video and tell!

Yeah it will make a decrease in fps obviuosly because of it is increasing gfx quality thus making gfx card work harder but if you have a gfx card that gives you like 90fps on the game then having a physx card wont make a noticable difference and have better gfx. I wouldnt be able to use a physx card with my crappy gfx card tho lol

ya, the one i saw on a forum the guy was runnign a 7800 gtx.... okay, so this is where sli comes in handy.. so good bye single cards if you want to use great physx.. well, at least for now

ya... i'm sure it could... but you can never take the chance :p ... and i might have myself a deal to get a 7900gtx for 400 bucks, i just may take it and sell this 7900 gt :p

Does anyone not get the fact that it significantly decreases fps in graw and the fact it puts all the weight on the video card for rendering so you also get fps jumps on explosions.

I think the way you looking at it is all wrong. You should think of PhysX as a setting just like HDR is a setting. Maybe you did not know this but you can use PhysX though software. So you can get the graphics of PhysX without buying the card. The benefit of having the card is playing a game with PhysX through software might give you 20FPS while using PhysX through hardware(getting the card) would give you 40FPS.

If you not interested in the PhysX graphics then donÂ’t get the card. If you do want PhysX graphics complaining it lower the FPS is no difference then Complaining HDR lowers the FPS.

The PhysX card is not lowering the FPS. Turning on the setting PhysX is lowering the FPS and the card is supposed to help with that.

Im not saying its bad. All I am saying is the only game I have seen this work with was GRAW and I wanted impressed. One of the explosions was pretty cool and then the next sucked. Then I started to notice the lower fps and how they tried to hide it. I remember seeing a video of the company showing them blowing stuff up and knocking stuff over and it looked cool. But it seems it works better in a controlled environment, rather than actual gameplay. Then the fact it can cost anywhere between $100 to $200 (Hopefully no higher!) is just a turn-off IMO. If it does get better though which I bet it does, then I will stfu and get one. Also the HDR I liked in videos, but when I would play the game and walk outside, for those 2 seconds of brightness I would get lit up and die. Cool but not in all situations. For some reason though the HDR in HL:2 Lost-Coast when it came out, did not lower my fps or lag. It just looked cool till I realized I died. Lol. Just my 2cents.....

Aparently UT2007 uses the physx cards and is very impressive. theres always going to be the lower in fps but as long as you have a gfx card that is good you should be ok (my card is not good)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom