10/100 base-T Ethernet card

Status
Not open for further replies.

triskit

In Runtime
So i just got all of the computer information from ITS at my college and one of the "hardware baseline" requirements is a "10/100base-T Ethernet card and standard RJ45 Ethernet cable." I'm probably getting my computer from www.cyberpowerpc.com. They offer 3 network options :

1. ONBOARD 10/100 NETWORK CARD

2. ADDITIONAL PCI 32 BIT 10/100 NETWORK CARD

3. Intel Pro Gigabite 10/100/1000 Network Card

do you guys know if all of those would satisfy the requirement... I can see that all of them say at least 10/100, but after that i dont have any knowlede of what base-T or ethernet exactly means

if its any help:
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/ultra6000.asp?v=d
theres the base system im looking at.

thanks

All 3 fit the requirements. If you are looking to save money, go with the first one on the list.

triskit said:
good deal, saving money is good.... what advantages would the expensive one have?

Not really anything that will greatly benefit you.

A benefit of option 2 would be: The card would be a seperate addition to your computer, thus making it a little easier to replace or troubleshoot.

benefit of 3: capable of reaching faster, and more efficient speeds than the other two. You arent going to have the other hardware you need to actually reach these speeds, so I wouldnt even worry about this one.

Stick with the onboard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom