how do u fix nv4_disp!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhonjo

Baseband Member
hi, i am having this problem for a long time. Every time when window starts, i get the nv4_disp blue screen of death.

i have tired..
1. reinstalling 3 differnernt video driver(the newest one, 66.xx, and 61.xx)
2. reformating
3. messed with the hardware accleration
4. change the fast write or something on bios
5. www.synapse.gr/downloads/nv4loopfix.zip
6. recovery console

i had this problem a year ago but it went away for a while and came back after reformating

specs are:
athlon xp 3000
512 ram
asus mobo
asus mx440(or 4000?) video card

I dunno the model number cuz its my friends computer and I think its the cheap video card but rebuying a video card and reformating is wat i want to avoid.....those anyone know the answer to this nv4_disp blue screen of death crap?? plllllllllllllllllllzzzz help!!!! anything will do

maybe nvidia drivers have compatbility issues with that asus card , so get the driver from asus site it might do the trick

umm nope did check the connection and tried several driver from those website...anyone else have a clue?

the driver cleaner didn't quite resolve my problem...i still get the same error

I can use the computer fine without the driver(screen is all big) but when I install the driver and raise the resloution the computer gets really laggy and then gives me the error...so im sure that it can't be the video card problem but it can't be the drivers problem so i am confused to what i can do to fix it

i did install mobo drivers...any more suggestions??

I reckon the card is finished, caput, done! Try to test it another PC, and also try to test a different GFX card in that Mobo to see if its not a problem with the mobo or the AGP slot. I'm not sure the card is knackered, cause I don't think it would show driver problems, but its worth a try to test it in another PC anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom