Not open for further replies.

updawg

Baseband Member
Casing: Antec Performance I P180B Black Computer Case $129.99
Motherboard: ASUS (A8N32-SLI Deluxe) ATX AMD $182.99
Processor: AMD Opteron 165 $327.00
Video Card: eVGA Geforce 7900GT KO 256MB $289.99
Memory: Corsair (TWINX2048-3500LLPRO) XMS - 2 x 1GB $259.00
Hard Drive: Western Digital Raptor 74GB 3.5" Serial ATA150 Hard Drive x2 $320.00
Power Supply: FSP Group FX600-GLN ATX12V/ EPS12V 600W $139.99
Optical Drive: LITE-ON Black ATAPI/E-IDE DVD Burner With LightScribe $48.99
Optical Drive: LITE-ON Black ATAPI/E-IDE DVD-ROM $20.99
Media Card Reader: LINKSKEY 19-in-1 USB 2.0 Black $12.99
CPU Fan/Heatsink: ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED 92mm 2 Ball Blue LED Light $59.99
Casing Fans: Scythe S-FLEX 1,600rpm 120mm S-FDB $14.99
Total (Priced on Newegg): $1,806.91

Tell me what you think before I purchase this in two weeks.

Any modifications/suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,
Mike

you might want to change your Motherboard to a MSI K8N neo4-F, or DFI Lanparty UT Ultra-D, since ur getting the opteron 165 im guessing your going to overclock, so you should get either of those 2 boards i suggested, they are the best for overclocking.

as for ram, change it G.Skill 2x1GB PC 4000 DDR500, i believe its called Extreme and its about $170, so that should save u some more, and that is one of the best dual channel kits for overclocking, and dont worry about the fact that the motherboard doesnt support DDR500, it will just get downclocked to DDR400 speeds, and the point of getting the DDR500 is so you have more headroom to overclock the CPU FSB without having to worry about the ram, so you can OC the FSB 50Mhz, without having ot touch the ram.

everything else is great, and that should bring ur price down to about $1,7xx

Well I'm keeping the mobo because down the road I want to leave SLI open (I know it's not cost effective), about the ram does it overclock as well as the XMS?

corsair isnt the best ram to overclock with, G.skill, OCZ, Crucial, Patriot, is better than corsair, and just because it has a higher price doesnt mean it will overclock better.....if you want to keep sli open then get the DFI Lanparty UT Sli-dr, NOT THE EXPERT! its really buggy and needs to be fixed. the sli-dr keep sli open and is the best board for overclocking. and way better than Asus.

The asus board has true x16 for SLI whereas other boards don't, but I'll look into the ram changes

here is the ram he is talking about.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231021

I own it and its excellent, highley reccomend it:)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136157

There is the motherboard the DFI SLI-DR...its a great board...

I ended up getting the Ultra-D

1. Fit my budget perfectly

2. I had no use for SLI,

3. Great Overclocking Options:)

Also If I were you Id get a case with a window and a side panel that you can take off...

Its not just for looks, infact im constantly looking in mine to see if evreything is running properly, and If I see some wires in the wrong place that I see thru the window I just pop it off and adjust, and contiune watching the UV greatness :p

good luck :)

Thanks for the suggestions (keep them coming)
I'm dead set on the case though with the layout, the psu is on the bottom with an exhaust fan on the top. Also two front 120 mm fans with dust covers and a rear 120mm fan, the case will stay extremely cool. The reviews are all positive too!

But I will def look into the ram, saving money and increased performance always grabs my attention!

I want to keep the SLI option open and the mobo has great OC abilities too...

Thanks,
Mike

if it does then by the DFi board with sli, or better yet get the Ultra-D, YOU DONT NEED SLI NOR NEVER WILL!

ok this really bugging me now. over the few months i hav been here i hav only heard bad things about asus mobo's and good about dfi. i dont get how one board is better than another at overclocking when u r realy only changing 3 things. having said this i hav been told and read in other places that the new asus boards (A8N32 + A8R32) r the best 4 overclocking than any other. and also just cos u may not want/be able to afford SLi does not mean it is not needed! sli will be needed soon so stick with that mobo.

SLi is needed if a person already has a 6600/6800 or 7600, and wants to increase performance withouth having to spend $300+, there will always be single cards that can handle the newest games on high settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom