(Win XP) Serious Explorer.exe problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mabin

Beta member
Okay heres the situation... I lent my computer to my sister who knows next to nothing about virus protection or anything like that and so she comes home for the summer and I decide I want some pictures that I have stored on there so I open up the folders and stuff and im going along just fine until...

I can't open any folders at all, so i'm just like oh well let me end explorer.exe and restart it from the task manager... I end it, try to start it back up... It comes up for a second and then it disappears.

Then so I just try to restart, but no, I get an Unmountable Boot Volume error. So I pop in the installation disk that I got for my new computer because the old one is gone somewhere and install windows into a different folder on the same partition (Only have one partition and wanted to keep my data)

I run chkdsk /r and try to open up the old windows installation... Viola it works... until... Still NO explorer.exe capabilities, any idea what is up with this?

I would try system restore but i'm afraid it might reverse the chkdsk. Any help?

Edit -

Solved by running system restore, got rid of the parameters for dual boot but it opens explorer.exe wooo **** yea lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom