Dell unveils mutant XPS gaming PC $10,000!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Dell yesterday unwrapped a special "collector's" edition XPS gaming PC designed to cash in on the hype surrounding the third X-Men movie, which opens in cinemas later this month. Like the XPS 600 Renegade system announced earlier this year, the X-Men model is expected to cost a whopping $10,000.

dell_xps_x_2.png

The new machine sports Dell's redesigned XPS casing - the look is based on a stylised 'X' - cut from aluminium, equipped with "state-of-the-art thermal engineering" and angled forward. It features the usual array of chassis lights favoured by gamers, this time in any of seven user-selectable colours. The front of the box is coloured too, in dark blue or dark red to match the colour-scheme of Dell's recently announced XPS notebooks.

dell_xps_x_1.png

Alas, Dell didn't provide a spec for the machine, but the X-Men: The Last Stand version, which is custom-painted with the movie logo, features an Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 965 dual-core processor and four Nvidia GeForce 7900 boards in Quad SLI mode. The spec is likely to match that of the XPS 600 Renegade Dell launched earlier this year.

If you ask me it looks like a POS......:umm:

great anothe gillion dollar PC that some rich kid is going to have...wonderfull

apokalipse said:
I think Dell is going a bit insane. who is going to buy one of those?
Rich people who don't know anything about computers, except the power button and e-mail.

That case actually isn't that bad. If it didn't have that design on the side it would be a POS.

Dell must be making a helluva profit outta that thing, especially if they're selling it for ten grand.

i like the case and thats about it.......its such a waste of money, i experimented on what i could build for 10K, and it beat that thing by 100miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom