6600GT and 7900GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

septoid2

Daemon Poster
Should I keep holding onto my 6600GT until school is over THEN buy the 7900GT? Will it go down in price or stay the same? I can order a new eVGA 7900GT CO for about 380 CDN after tax/shipping this week, but I don't know if I want to rush this right now, I'm just worried this will either go up in price or totally leave the market, I'd always wanted a 7800GTX and as I understand it the 7900GT is alot better then it, well not alot better, but marginally better.

At the moment I'm mainly playing CSS, a bit of Guild Wars, and mainly lots of Half life 1.6 mods like DoD and CS1.6. Oh yes, I'm also playing Doom 3, and looking forward to starting FEAR once I can stop dying in Doom 3 hehe.

Yes, go for it. The price is not going to go down any time soon. Although your card is great. I have a 6600(not GT) and FEAR looks great. But if you have the money, I would go for the 7900 so you can get the best out of every game you have.

Well thats given, I'm asking if its worth spending the money especially since there is about a month and a half of school left, I don't want to buy a $400 card and have it sit in my case while I surf the internet and make word documents for two months and then realize the 7900GT is down 20 bucks or whatever.

The 6600GT is still a solid performer.

Ok then dont buy it. I would since you're about to get FEAR. I have seen it in full settings and it blows our 6600s away.

yeah i'd wait, since the G80s are coming out the 7900GT's price is bound to drop by a significant amount.

ya, i read it was june as well.. but i think thats full of crap.. i know dang well they're probably gonna push it back... i mean, its getting so close to june and still almost no official release of anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom