Indeed, Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.
The result of your upgrade is going to vary on what you do. For gaming (here) you get about a 10% increase in your FPS.

However, if you go to do some media editing(just look through the charts) you get more significant increases due to having a dual core. Plus, dual core is always helpful when you do any multitasking.

JUst wait a couple months when the intel core 2 duo comes out. You'll be happy you did.

yeahh uhh the dual core doesnt really look like a really huge increase in anything.. i wonder how much conroe will be. because it seems that intel doesnt really have any good processors.

i should have bought amd.. *******it

ManBearPig said:
yeahh uhh the dual core doesnt really look like a really huge increase in anything

Well you gotta overclock it, DUH! Lol. When it seems that it isnt hard to hit high 3ghz, low 4ghz speeds with a dual core I think it would make a decent difference. But then again you could just buy a amd opteron 165 and oc that to almost 3ghz and well, thats the end of that issue.

ManBearPig said:
I wonder how much conroe will be.

The four dual-core Conroes are clocked at 1.86, 2.13, 2.40 and 2.67GHz. The CPUs will be priced at $209, $244, $316 and $530, respectively, at launch.

A $209 Dual Core 1.86GHz Conroe processor that is a X2 4800+ killer (it doesn't match the performance, it kills it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom