Why is it like this? My new setup stink ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeFfBoY

Beta member
I rescently bought a new computer, and what is not fun, is that it doesn't run smooth at all. Both are fresh installed with newest drivers (Nvidia N-force drivers) and DirectX9.0, running WindowsXP Pro.

Old Computer:
AMD XP1700+
256MB DDR266
ASUS A7N266-C (N-force, AGP4X)

New Computer:
AMD XP2600+ Barton
512MB DDR400 (runs at 333)
ABIT NF7 (N-force2, AGP8X)

I use this card when comparing:

Geforce4-Ti4200SE 64MB

Score in 3DMark2001
Old computer 9200 points
New computer 9600 points

Should the difference not be more????.... ;(((

And to the second thing. My new computer suffers som kinda crappy lag. When I run the benchmark, or some heavy 3D-game, the graphics seem to "lag". The screen freezes for short short periods, and it's VERY irritating. This occurs all the time in for example Battlefield Vietnam.

Atm, my old system does a better job. Does anyone have a clue what this can be due to?..

Could it be the memory that sucks? It's a no-name memory, and I will now try to switch memory on the computers, and see what it results in.

Please help me..

Do you have the newest drivers for your Ti4200? I had the 128 MB version of that card, and it worked very nicely. Not much of a difference between that and my FX 5700. Try changing the graphics in you 3D programs... to have really nice graphics in a game like battlefield, you should have more than 64 MB of RAM on you Video Card.

The funny is, that I bought a Radeon9600SE 128MB
card, but when benching in 3DMark2001, the Geforce Ti4200 does like 33% better..

When Radeon9600SE I get 6900 points, and with the Ti4200 around 9600.

Is Ti4200 64MB a better card than Radeon9600SE 128MB??

I can say, that the "lag" is like a harddrive lag, if someone has ever experienced it.

The game float very nicelly all the time, except when these small lags occur.

The FPS is very high overall, but these small "lags" make it very unplayable ;(

Thats my problem in battlefield. It will jerk consistently every 2 or 3 seconds right? My FPS is really high on that game, but I get these same jerks. I am going to completely reinstall everything on my computer. If that doesnt work, who knows. Maybe an update for battlefield will fix it, I dont know. I only have this problem with this specific game though.

There are drivers for g force cards on the Battlefield cd to fix that laggie feeling.I had the same prob with a 256MB Gforce card.

This may be of interest to you The problem may be a setting in your bios.Boot to bios look in Advanced /Chip Configuration.
In the line Video Memory Cache Mode see if your Configuration Option is UC or USWC .
USWC(uncacheable , speculative write combining )
is a new technology for the memory video of the processor.It can greatly improve the display speed by caching the display data.You must set this to UC (uncacheable) if your display card does not support this feature .
My problem at the time was while running a 9700 Pro card my performance was CRAP .3Dmark01 se yeilded a terrible score around 9000 .Not to mention the fact that games just plain SUCKED .Needless to say i was mad as a hornet on steroids.
Then i relaxed and went through my stinking manual troublshooting the system and found the problem was the
Video Memory Cache Mode .it was set on USWC so i selected UC and solved the problem . my 3DMark score yielded a 16500 .
Running the computer in any other manner would not reveal this problem it worked fine .But when game time came along it was terrible . Hopefully this will help you ... Chek it out at least . I would think that card should be around 11500 - 12500 with your system specs .See what similiar setups score .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom