hardships with new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
try the older psu , does it work? maybe you got it DOA
are you 100% sure you connected everything?

flashdude, no fans...nothing. i plug in a keyboard and mouse, and they get power the lights glow on both, but nothing else. that's before i hit power switch btw. then after i hit switch on case, notta. nothing at all... any ideas?
i'm going to disassemble the entire thing again and try it once more, including the cpu and heatsink this time... (will probably attempt this tomorrow) pretty ticked off right now.

Well,,,,hmmmm NOW it sounds like a bad psu, Before it didn't. Ok just leave the board in the case for now. Unhook the motherboard 20/24 atx connector. Unhook the 4pin p4 connector as well. Now find the green wire on the 24pin connector and jump the green to any black and if the psu is good it will run, If its DOA it won't. Let me see if I can find a picture. (don't worry its only 5 to 12 volts dc)

Attachments

• psu03.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 33
Ok guys. Currently, both psu are fine. I'm testing each individual piece... (yes i know i took a break, ran out of time!!!)

please bear with me, offer any suggestions u might have. thanks!

HEY EVERYONE!

Most excellent news. After much frustration and time put in this evening, I am now typing to you on my newly built 64 machine. Proudly running 64 bit ver of SuSE linux 10.1. Wow, took forever to get online too.... (still have dialup here in this hick town...and I don't think SuSE expects anyone to have dialup anymore!)
Thank you again for all your help, esp Jeremy and flashdude!
Thank you much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom