Incredibly tempted to remove IHS

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is a stupid idea, it isn't even guaranteed to lower your temps significantly. however it does open you up to a new world of dangers. one: you have to apply the thermal paste directly to the cpu core and no shortcuts like putting a rice grains worth on the core, you have to spread it with something like a razor blade very carefully in a thin layer. two: there is a good chance you can crush your cpu core.

oh....ok...dont call me stupid, I just read alot of postives...

now that I think about it it would be pretty easy to crush it...

I think you just get a plastic baggy and put your finger in it and mop it around the core....

but yeah I guess Im leaning towards not doing it now...hmm

sorry i didn't mean that to be seen as an insult :amazed:. i just meant the concept is stupid. i've always hated how the guys at dfi-street go on about it, so i guess i kind of vented that at your post :p. it really only makes sense if you are going out for extreme overclocking. i would consider it perhaps on a watercooled system where hopefully not much weight should be placed on the core. aside from the weight issue watercooling can really benefit from the removal of the "hotspots" they probably mentioned in the thread you read.

Oh no I know you didnt mean it as a insult.....I ment dont call me stupid for thinking it was a good idea becuase I read So many positives on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom