AMD or Pentium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da11en47

In Runtime
Im thinking of buying a new gaming computer. I definately need something dual-core, which both of these choices are. I have set up some systems and they are both about the same price, but what processor is better. Im looking to spend about $1100-1200.

CPU: (939-pin) AMD Athlon™64 X2 4200+ Dual-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology

or

3.4GHz Pentium D 950 800MHz Dual Core LGA775 2X2MB

I've never gotten a straight answer about which is better AMD or Pentium.

Can anyone recommend any online sites that build your computers for you. Sites that I know of are www.abs.com & www.alphapcstore.com

Thanks for any help.

If you are a good overclocker, it is more cost effective to buy a cheap Intel Pentium D 805 and overclock the **** out of it.

There were a few members who recently started refering Intel over AMD I was one of them since the begining of the Conroe's release specs.

But NEVER did I recommend current Intel products over AMDs current Products not even the Core Duo. The Core 2 Duo released next month is what I recommend.

Makes most sense to wait one month and get the Core 2 Duo / Conroe / Meron. Even if you don't plan on getting these new ones this will spark a rapid price cut in other processors.

amd's turion really hasent shown much progress...I was rather dissapointed...

personally Il get what ever fits my needs, and to me was the AMD Opteron...

so yeah :)

but the +4400 is the sweep spot as far as cost ratio

also check cyberpowerpc.com out it has more options

If you are a good overclocker, it is more cost effective to buy a cheap Intel Pentium D 805 and overclock the **** out of it.

oh for goodness sake people, one article doesn't change the world. why does everybody reccomend things based on an article they read on THG or Anandtech. not a single person reccomended an 805 ONCE that i had seen before the THG review, yet all of a sudden its a great processor. live your own lives and don't go on the word of people who get free samples.

out of the two processors listed the AMD wins hands down. personally i would look at either the opteron 165/170, x2 3800+ or x2 4400+. forget the 4200+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom