MSI K8 Neo-F

Status
Not open for further replies.
The platnium neo4-f doesnt have more sata ports. It has just as many as the neo4-f regular. They both have 4. Its just that the neo4-f has 4 sata I ports. The platnium edition has 4 SATA I/II ports.

I'm not the type of person who complains about games loading 2 seconds longer than my friends' PC, so do I need SATA2? Is there a huge difference in performance between SATA and SATA2 when it comes to raw read/write speeds, and loading?

Sata II has a higher bandwidth, but a 7200rpm HDD doesnt even use all of the bandwidth of SATA I. So right now, no. But in the future we might get HDDs that will use all the bandwidth capabilities of SATA.

but not for a long while.

the only disadvantage I think there is with the Neo4-F is having a single PCI-E 16X slot, as opposed to 2. though you won't be using SLI though?

My Neo4-F is ok for me, cause instead of getting two cards in SLI, I blew all my money on a single x1900. Well it was definately worth it.

Nope, SLI would be really nice if I had too much money, but I doubt I would ever get 2 GFX cards! I'm not particularly rich, saving my arse off, and selling my current PC, just to scrape money together to buy a budget "performance" PC. And the Neo4-F suits my pocket just fine. Looking to get that, the X2 3800+, and a 7900GT. How does that sound?

I love MSI products, I just hate it when there auto updater grabs the platinum bios for a regular board, makes things a little messed up... Dunno why but there Platinum BIOS for my K8N Neo-FSR really screws overclocking up and causes several errors at bootup...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom