why doesnt the public know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neweyedeya18

In Runtime
its understood that ghz rating isnt what to look for, and in a sense comparing intel to amd you should use the 3200+ etc rating which is comparable to a 3200mhz 3.2ghz intel processor. With all the marketing today why havent people let the public know amd is far greater than what was thought? (i dont mean to start a religious battle over this)

intel drove the concept of higher clock speed=better performance into the general public's mind, and the public being idiots, believed it. AMD doesn't advertise in TV; they mainly advertise in internet and niche market tech mags. They know that the people who know their products are more educated about computer hardware and are more likely to know that AMD's cpu's work better for their needs. AMD is pretty smart, they let word of mouth bite into intel's marketshare. And now intel's doing major re-shuffling. I live 5 miles away from their New Mexico plant and my friends who work for them talk about some of the changes that have been happening.

I have never used an Intel since my P2 250Mhz and I don't plan on using them EVER again since moving to AMD.
I've had 5 or so AMD processors since that P2 and they have been nothing but top quality especially for a gamer like me.

Discussion of AMD vs Intel should be confined to the sticky, so that we don't have 9000 of the same threads:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom