I hear a "doo daa", "doo daa", "doo daa"

Status
Not open for further replies.

moondogsb

Beta member
My computer won't start after being turned off a couple of days ago. About 30 seconds after turning it on, I hear a "doo daa", "doo daa", "doo daa" coming from the unit. It sounds like an English police or ambulance. The monitor is on but stays black, and the pc won't turn off until the electrical current removed. I already changed the power supply and reseated the memory chips. I'm wondering if it is a m-b or cpu problem. I have an Intel P4 3.0 The m-b is MB-DFI PS35-BL P4-800/533 mhz. Thanks for any help you can provide.

i had that siren occurr a few days ago when i was helping my mother reformat her computer do to a virus.

It started the siren and then everything shut off.

the problem was the CPU fan failed and the processor reached the CPU warning temperature, which set off the alarm, then it reached the shut down temp wich, obviously, shut down the system before harm could be done.

open the case and turn on the system and see if its moving.. if not, make sure the CPU fan power line didn't just come loose.

with that kind of a siren, most likely the problem is around the CPU. if the fan is working fine, find another processor to test in the motherboard or have a local computer shop test your processor for you.

Yes that alarm is just telling you that your CPU has hit the temperature which is configured in the CMOS to trigger the alarm.

check to see if your CPU fan is working and that your CPU heatsink is still in good contact with the cpu package.

My friend's computer did that one day..the CPU fan wire got stuck in the blades. After we got it out, the fan was spinning insanely fast. I've never seen a computer fan spin that fast.

nitestick said:
if it isn't overheating then it is likely to be the motherboard. especially given that you say it won't shut off unless you pull the plug.

And he has no video anymore. Vote 2 for mobo

Fan appears to be working great (the first thing I checked) and rebonded with silver stuff....no change. Should I just buy a new m-b or have it tested first? (i.e. cost to test and then buy a m-b vs just paying for a board)

Thanks!

call around... i have seen a couple of locally owned computer shops test processors and such for free.

everyone is gonna have different prices.. it may save you the cost of replacing a processor when it was your motherboard,, seeing that motherboards are cheaper.

or say you replace your motherboard only to find out that it was your CPU,,,, potentially you could end up double buying.

I went to FryÂ’s to get a m-b and decided to upgrade. Along with the upgraded m-b, I had to upgrade the processor. The good news is the problem is solved. The bad news is I may never know for sure if it was the m-b or processor. Anyhow my wife is happy to have the pc back. IÂ’ve been spending a lot of time at work and havenÂ’t been able to take the time to work on this much. The new m-b is a ASUS P5RD1-Vm and the processor is a Pentium 4 630. I'm still a little spooked because it has rebooted twice since I got it up and running, which is only been about an hour. Thanks for all your replies and trying to help me. It is greatly appreciated! Tomorrow, IÂ’ll try to figure out why it rebooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom