XPS vs mALX

Status
Not open for further replies.
goodisniper said:
you were right toxicity, i just configured a competely baddas* desktop for about $500 less than the laptop.

I guess I only wanted the laptop to bring everywhere I go and show it off. but ill just order the alienware polo and they'll all know whats up:cool:.
By configure, you mean went on newegg and looked for parts right? If you are building your own computer, you can expect $1000+ less than the Laptop.

Don't know, but Voodoo laptops look and perform much better, I wouldn't buy an Alienware nor a XPS.

acually, by configure I just meant I went on alienware and picked what I wanted from a list of available parts they have. Then they custom build that for you in about a month

And BTW, how much do Voodoo laptops (or desktops) run for? I am looking for high performance PC but my selection is in the 3,000 to 4,000 dollar range because Im only 16.

I would never grab a laptop for gaming, they are to unconfigurable, I like the ability of me taking my desktop and at any time switching out ANYTHING on it that I want, without being restricted by tight areas or needing a new mobo.

JoshSB said:
I would never grab a laptop for gaming, they are to unconfigurable, I like the ability of me taking my desktop and at any time switching out ANYTHING on it that I want, without being restricted by tight areas or needing a new mobo.

Ya, I am just seeing that now which is why I have changed my mind. My biggest fear was buying the biggest, baddest and most expensive machine I could find only to have it be out-dated next year or something.

With a desktop I can insure that my PC will last a long time if I just keep upgrading.

Go to newegg.com and with the pieces you picked out on alienware.com choose those and see how much money you can save if you build it yourself. We'll help you out throught the entire thing and 3-4k when you're 16 is a lot to spend. You can get an even better computer than the Alienware one that you configured for that price.

toxicity_27 said:
3-4k when you're 16 is a lot to spend. You can get an even better computer than the Alienware one that you configured for that price.

ya, I know! i have a car to pay for too and this computer is almost costing more than my car!

so if i can save some money you've got my attention. While i am not a computer guru I am not computer illiterate either. but, just the same I would appreciate any help, thanks toxicity.

yeah go on newegg and look for some parts, and do your research and we can help you build your own computer adn youll be saving alot of money plus you can get exactly what you want in it too

try sager computer.. i think that was it, they got some nice cheap sli laptops.. i think it was sager. well it was some laptop manufacturer..

would building a computer require saudering and a chance of ruining the components you bought if you mess up? never done it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom