a8n32-sli deluxe temp probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effex

In Runtime
my mobo is overtemping to 59 celsius. it hasnt been doing this when i play other games - it started when playing doom 3 with fully cranked up settings. the cpu was 39 and the case was about 52

i did a quick search on google and went to asus forums but the problem doesnt seem rampant

specs:

850w psu
a8n32-sli
x2 3800
7900gtx sli
raid 0 74gb raptors
2gb mem
media center edition

Sounds like airflow problems, as that board is passively cooled... Check any intake fans for restricted flow.

I'm pretty sure the motherboard temp sensor is on the southbridge. So get a chipset heatsinc/fan combo. Make sure it has some kind of heatsinc, otherwise if the fan dies, you're chipset dies. :(

I'm pretty sure the motherboard temp sensor is on the southbridge. So get a chipset heatsinc/fan combo. Make sure it has some kind of heatsinc, otherwise if the fan dies, you're chipset dies.

not that it really matters but its the northbridge not the southbridge and a heatsink not a heatsinc. i would try and do something about those temps, it is my belief that NF4 chipsets can drag performance down a bit when they hit over 50 degrees.

well, there isnt anything restricting the intakes, however the raptors are placed right in front of it and i cant help that. they get up to 130ish celsius when im gaming. i keep my appt pretty cool also

it is a passively-cooled system i cant replace the heatsink that cover the NB and SB. besides there wouldnt be room anyway since the 7900GTXs in SLI cover up the bottom half of the mobo

i didnt even know it was hot until my comp started beeping. so i went into the ASUS Probe program and noticed only the mobo with the alert. i have the latest BIOS and chipset drivers so i know its not an issue of improper display info

guess ill just give ASUS a call since this doesnt seem to be a simple fix

....... 130, is that actually right? Yeah it sounds like you need to separatly cool those drives, and vent before it reaches the rest of the system. You need some serious case mods.... and I need to rob you.

sorry, i meant fahrenhiet. i havent fooled with this raidmax case to switch it to display celsius just yet. i know that those raptors do get pretty hot though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom