amazing pentium d 805 possible with my motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

harnar123

Daemon Poster
so its has the same socket 775, but I don't know if its compatable. my motherboard is s875wp1-e. Its a intel sever board, will it work?

Following this site: http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Intel_INTEL__21020584

you'r Mobo has a 478 Socket,and so it will not fit

Also, the D 805 is not so amazing, it has a smithfield core which is practically two prescotts stuck-up together, it produces a **** lot of heat and i dont know about its overclocking abilitys.. if you go dual core try checking out Pentium Extreme Edition or the Presler Cores Pentium D Series [D 930+ if im correct]

um you are in idiot yoad, it is crazy good. okay tomshardware.com overclocked it and they got it up to 3.8 no volt changes, not watercooling, and they got it up to 4.1ghz with water. It out performed a fx60 in some cases, now how much is an fx60, like 7 times the price of this processor.

Ah huh, and how does that makes me an idiot? I seen chips cheaper than fx60 beat him while they'r overclocked to sky-highth, and still, it's just a smithfield core which is a prescott, it comes with its pluses and minuses.

And just for the record, those 'benchmark' tests, if you look CAREFULY, says flat out, it's an OPEN bench, meaning that it will not function like that in real life due to the fact that the factor in such a benchmark are very diffrent than the conditions you'll get in a RL benchmark. [closed case, etc.. in open benchs the mobo isn't even inside a case, it also effects the resaults, but its just some of the diffrences]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom