various 6600gts

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgray

In Runtime
o.k in my search to replace a dead 6600gt graphics card i've run across pny,forsa,evga,gigabyte,xfx,leadtek,asus,msi,bfg,and albatron. are these all the same card with the same quality, with different companies pushing them, or is one brand better than another?

I would go for the eVGA. Most people here will recommend them, as they are one of the best if not the best for nVidia.

Nope, all the same.

My personal favourite is BFG, since I've never had a problem with their cards.

i have an XFX 6600gt and i don't see why people complain about them so much. as far as i know the only problem with XFX cards is they seem to have a high proportion of DOA cards, which if you don't mind waiting a little while on the remote chance you have to RMA a DOA card there is nothing to fear. they tend to overclock fairly well on the provided stock coolers as well

I've always gone with XFX and I've had 4 cards with them now and they've all been of the highest quality and I wouldn't complain at all.

there really is no better time to upgrade than when you need to replace something. i would suggest forking out a bit more if possible on perhaps a 6800gs. i know i can get a 6800gs new for around $180 australian so surely you could get a decent price. by the way the link is to a 6600 vanilla not GT. i would suggest avoiding the vanilla.

thanks, i missed that. my son is building a whole new system this summer mainly for gaming so we're trying to get by without spending too much but want to keep up with what we had. won't be building till the end of the summer. right now he's hating life with a fx 5200.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom