Incredibly tempted to remove IHS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord AnthraX

Fully Optimized
Ok I watched the Video over at DFI street about 17 times...

Im extremely tempted to, becuase I want to OC this thing alot...My temps are fine, 26 C Idle, but I would love to be even cooler, and get more headroom OC'ing...

I KNOW I KNOW its Extremely Risky

But It looks relativley easy, and Iv already voided my warranty on the cpu by using a cnps9500 and some artic silver 5...but thats not the point...again Iv watched the video about 17 times to be exact, and watched every move carfully..

...any advice?

Even though 003 removed his IHS, then his CPU went BANG and it died. So he bought a new one rofl :) :D

Anyways,

Your warranty is still there, HOW THE ... do they know if you installed an aftermarket heatsink? Does that even void your warranty? Is there some kind of mark it leaves??? LOL!!!

Anyways yeah good luck :)

It only decreases temps by around 3C sometimes up to 7C or 8C. personally i dont think its worth it, unless your like trying to break a WR or something.

im to conservative to just **** away a good CPU so personally i wouldnt but if it wasnt for people like you the world would be very boring so lol good luck

CrazeD said:
What exactly is an "IHS"? I'm thinking internal heatsinc?
Integrated Heat Spreader. The thing on your cpu, aluminum.

And taking it off is a piece of cake, I have done it like 10 times, its really easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom