Home Networking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chopper set up your whole network for you with the diagram. Now all you have to do is implement it. That is exactly how I have all my pc's set up in my house, and it works great.:D

Chopper set up your whole network for you with the diagram. Now all you have to do is implement it. That is exactly how I have all my pc's set up in my house, and it works great.:D

I am a little new to this, but from the looks of Choppers diagram, It appears he is running cable and has a hub. I didnt think you needed any of that??

Sorry, about my last thread, but looking at the diagram again, you are right. They do have wireless routers. The only wiring that you would need to do is from your cable modem to the the Access Point / Router. Which is all in one. If you go to www.linksys.com it has a picture and a short description of how it works. ;)

Thanks for all the previous help. No, I haven't networked those 2 pcs yet due to some changes going on here.

The changes, well, instead of being about 10 linear feet apart maximus (they were in 2 different rooms), now they will be approximately 25 feet apart.

So before I go out and buy extra cable to network these two, would it be worthwhile to to wireless? If so, what do I need to check to make sure I don't get interference or whatever? Note: I live about 200 yards from some high tension power lines......big towers and all.....if that makes a difference.

And you probably know me by now, but I will wear you out with questions to try and prevent me from fouling something up. Thanks again.

Do you have to have a Cable DSL router to have Internet Sharing with a broadband connection. At the moment I have a small network at home but it does not have internet sharing which I would like to do, but I was going to try to go about it without using the Cable DSL router, I have an Cable modem on one pc which uses a NIC card specially for it, and then I am networked using 10/100mps nic.

I run win98 sec edition on both pc's.

Do you have to have a Cable DSL router to have Internet Sharing with a broadband connection. At the moment I have a small network at home but it does not have internet sharing which I would like to do, but I was going to try to go about it without using the Cable DSL router, I have an Cable modem on one pc which uses a NIC card specially for it, and then I am networked using 10/100mps nic. (using crossed ethernet cables) I have to buy standard cables and a hub for sure.

I run win98 sec edition on both pc's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom