could not find domain

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you login as the local admin account and then check to see if you have the right permissions etc or from there you can join it to a workgroup and then rejoin to the domain

Wait a couple of mintues if you just join the workstation to the DOMAIN it can take up to 5min before you can login. Check that DNS is ok, the computer name and IP address has to be listed in it's zone. Check AD user and group, check the Computer container, verify that the computer is located in there.

ya, we can log on as a local admin and all the permissions are there.
but wierd thing is that users can access data in this server for some reasons, with some authentication problems, tho.

this is not a newly joined computer in the domain. so it exists in the AD and has the correct IP address...

i think my "boss" will try the method that i used or the one warez uses.

oops, sorry, I'm not logged in. my boss is.
i told him to check the group to see if he sees the string instead of user/group names.

it turned out that we didn't do anything last night but for some reasons, this morning, we can log on with no problem.
i'm checking the event viewer now...

Go to the DNS console, go to your forward lookup zone/your zone, look for any suspicious Host(A) setting, I just got the same error couldn't log into the domain after joining it. I went to check DNS and it had the computername but the IP address was wrong, it said 192.168.2.12 but the real IP was .9 so I just delete that entry and it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom