Asus Sk8v MB wont boot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiberius

Solid State Member
Once again I need the help of the experts. I have recently put together a gaming computer of:
AMD Athlon 64 FX
Asus sk8v MB
Corsair pc-3200 XMS ram (4*512)
Radeon 9800XT
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Pro Plat.
Thermal Take Heatsink
Kingwin 450W PSU

My problem is that the computer wont boot! I have checked the cables and after trying the onboard audio, I have found that without RAM it will say that it fails the RAM test, but once I put in RAM, it will do nothing! No beeps, no voice, no monitor signal. I am a senior in high school and have taken this to my tech class but to no avail to fix the problem, however, the popular concensus is that it might be a faulty MB. Do you guys have ANY other ideas as to what it might be or what could cause this?

-Tiberius

i had the same problem u had with my cpu....every system spec program showed that i had a athlon 1700+ when i really had a 2400+ and the problem was my motherboard was to old and crappy and wouldent let it perform to its max....i purchased a new mobo and problem was fixed.

well, it cost a lot, but right now it is a really expensive paperweight unless I can get it up and working. I ordered from Newegg.com and am thinking about using their return policy to get a new MB, but want to make that my last option. Any ideas on how to salvage this item without having to send it back?

error comes between ram check and CPU check

I did use the risers that came with the case, and when the power is applied, the fans come on, and without ram the little voice thing says so, but after that it doesn't say anything, but the computer doesn't beep at all, so I am thinking that it may be between the ram and the CPU check. Any ideas or could it just be a faulty motherboard?

By the way, thanx to everyones help

-Tiberius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom