LCD Monitor help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I love CRT monitors for the perfect picture. But...I'm finally transferring to a 4-year school as a Junior...And I may end up in a dorm, several stories above the ground. A 21" may be just a little heavy. I'm interested in flat panels simply for the convenience in size/weight.

So...viewsonics either MAY or MAY NOT be okay.

As I said, I'm interested in a 17"...Price? Well...$150 dollars would be nice, but it ain't happening. Realistically, I'd like to get a decent monitor for no more than $250. Still a lot of $. Maybe I should bust me buttocks and carry the 21" CRT?

i absolutally LOVE my monitor from LG... i think when i bought it off newegg not ONE review had something about a DOA, dead pixel, etc... its just so nice to look at too :)

but i got this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824005045

although it is a little different (the little heat sensitive power button is flat on mine) it is the same stats

but wow... that has DROPPED in price!! i bought mine for 700 dollars, but in actuality got 500 dollars in rebates.... so i guess i got it for cheaper still today :). No one probably bought it at such a high price :p

but mine plays all the best games quite nicely... it also turns sideways for word processing, and has the pivot software included!! (this is important - other monitors usually don't have the pivot software, putting you 30-40 bucks lower).

believe me, i like CRT's... but they just are not practical in some situations similar to yours and mine. My desk will not hold a 15, 17, 19, 21, etc. inch CRT because it is right next to the wall!!

it also looks really "sexy" as people in the reviews said for mine, with some nice speakers next to it... i dont think i'd call it sexy, but nice it does look!

there are tons of monitors... just stay away from HYUNDAI. not saying all their monitors suck, but they have a horrible reputation of having DOA monitors and even worse customer support. i almost got one, but there were over 30 reviews saying they got verticle red lines on their monitors... even though it was something like 1000:1, 6ms, nice looking, pivotable, etc.

I got the VA902B, I bought an LG L1952T, to try it out and see the differences, In just plain old still pictures, my viewsonic has better quality of picture, both in color and focus, not to mention when I play games/video I see somewhat of an increase with the viewsonic, if not a dead standstill. Anyways, there is 105 dollar difference between my LG and my Viewsonic, so, saving 105 dollars, and using a VGA to DVI adapter on the viewsonic, I get a better picture quality, so, Ill still with my viewsonic =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom