Dell Dimension E310

Status
Not open for further replies.

limiseen

Beta member
i bought a Dimension E310 from Dell for 500 bucks with these components.

Intel Pentium 4 521 HT 2.8
1 GB DDR2 RAM
80GB
Intel Integrated Media Accelerator 900

and all the other standard stuff.. I was happy with it until I opened the case and found no AGP or PCI-E 16x slots in the motherboard. Plus, the RAM memory slots are all filled too. (There's only two) So, Im planning to upgrade my motherboard.

What is the most compatible motherboard that has a PCI-E/AGP slot, will fit inside the Dell Dimension E310 tower and will work without much problems.

Im just a newbie in terms of uprgrading and replacing computer components so the less complicated the better!

Ewww... micro BTX board... %@&* Intel...

NewEgg only has one, Intel BOXD945GBOLKR, Socket 775, $116.99 + $4.85 Three Day Shipping.

ZipZoomFly has 10, ranging from $87.55 to $137.
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Search.jsp

Odds are you'll need a new PSU. The one in your Dell will be very underpowered, especially if you add a graphics card.

if you could, return it now and build yourself one, you'd prolly come out cheaper and w/o extra parts.

and i say it's gonna be a pain to change the mobo on an OEM comp since you don't have that much of a selection and warranty goes bye-bye.

but, hey, watever suits ya.

best of luck

It doesn't seem worth your while to find a new mobo and replace everything. Either get a refund, or eBay that thing and build your own from scratch.
-Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom