37GB Raptor for OS and 120GB for personal stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortstop20

I'm looking for a new OS hard drive for my computer. I have a 120GB Seagate SATA I drive right now that I'll just keep my personal stuff, movies, songs, etc. on. I want to put the OS on my new drive. I was thinking a 37GB Raptor. I know not real big by today's standards but basically I'm only going to put my OS on it. I just like the idea of my OS being separated from all my personal stuff. So what do you guys think?? Is the Raptor worth it or should I just go for a 40 GB 7,200 RPM drive. Or is there even something better than the Raptor now? Thanks.

I'm also looking for a new PSU for my computer. My bro needs a new power supply for his and I wanna get a little higher wattage one for mine. I was thinking a 450-500W. Right now I'm using an Antec TruePower 350W. Any suggestions on what brand/model??

Computer specs are in my sig

I did almost the same thing except I went with the 74GB Raptor for the OS and the 150GB raptor for other stuff.

if you want performance, buy a raptor. if not, you could buy yourself a 300GB for the same price, and get yourself a new windows install w/o having to back up and all that, also improving performance.

BUT if you have some extra cash, wat i just fell in love with was the i-ram harddrives. they go crazy fast. i-ram , a review of it.
video of how quick they really go.

But you pay 200+ for a max of 4 gigs.

just an idea.

umybiatch2k6 said:
if you want performance, buy a raptor. if not, you could buy yourself a 300GB for the same price, and get yourself a new windows install w/o having to back up and all that, also improving performance.

BUT if you have some extra cash, wat i just fell in love with was the i-ram harddrives. they go crazy fast. i-ram , a review of it.
video of how quick they really go.

But you pay 200+ for a max of 4 gigs.

just an idea.

HOLY ****!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom