I KNOW, I KNOW......but i still need gaming computer help

Status
Not open for further replies.
no it means you change the settings in the bios when you first connect your comp it will be run at that speed just overclock your cpu a little and get it to 250*9 or whatever it is go with the DDR500

LouisR168 said:
In that case, you should just stick to DDR 400. I do not see the point in purchasing DDR 500 for more when your motherboard can only support up to DDR 400

WAMP! THANK YOU FOR PLAYING

Your motherboard Automaticly downs it to DDR400=pc3200, and DDR500 ram is a big plus in OC'ing..

Its up to him, personally Id go with the DDR500...but thats just me:D

lol, thanks i recalled some problem of compitability with ddr 400 mobo and ddr 500 sticks.. but i guess its not as crucial as i figured ;) Sorry for making a confusion, still you should go with what you'r mobo is built for, unless you are planning to massivly overclock....

dude, DO NOT GO WITH THE DDR400, seeing as how ur getting a 3800+, you will definitely need to overclock soon. and the DDR 500 is the best for overclocking. it gives u alot of headroom to overclock ur CPU FSB without having to worry about the ram. so lets say ur multiplier is at 11 * 50Mhz=550Mhz, that means u can get ur cpu to 2.55GHz without having to touch your ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom