How to ship a computer system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryogenic

Baseband Member
I'm interested on selling a computer tower on eBay, but I'm not sure how I would go about shipping it. Is it safe to ship the tower whole, in a padded box, or would some cards break / fall out ?

I'm hoping I won't have to dis-assemble the entire computer to ship it.

If anyone could clarify that it's safe to ship the tower, please comment.

pack a box with styrofoam, and put other components (KB, mouse, speakers, away from the case.

Thats how my friends PC was sent like, when he bought it 1 week ago off ebay

Make sure everything is screwed in. Cliped in doesnt count. I had a pc that worked great, but I never screwed in the hard drives, I just used the 3.5 drive clips and that was fine for normal use. Then I sold it on ebay, and those clips were not enoguh to hold the hard drives in durring shipping, and both hard drives came out and rattled around the insde of the case the whole trip, damaging several components.

I had to pay for all the damages, and it was a hard lesson learned. I just dont want you to make the same mistake.

In the past, when I've shipped computer equipment and such (I used to build and sell PC's) I found it helpful to:

-Take out shipping insurance
-Saran-Wrap card board corner protectors to the tower (if you have industrial shrink wrap-- even better)
-Make sure the card board box is taped VERY WELL in the "danger zones" (corners, any flaps that have to be secured).

~String

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom