Building a high-end pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
JoshSB said:
Strange, never had problems with my valueselect corsair ram, works in dual channel and everything, *shrug*

Hmm, I guess it works for some, but it really messed with mine strangely enough.

I guess I'll get everything once I get all my money together, which may be 4 to 5 weeks, but in that time period I'm sure will be some new nice hardware. Anything I should consider?

JoshSB said:
You do not need to get uber OCing RAM since you stated you wont be overclocking a bit, I would get valueselect ram, 4x 512 sticks Corsair, they suck for OCing, but I dont OC and they work wonders for me.

No, never get 4x512MB. Its way better to get 2x1GB sticks. In most Mobos the RAM uses 2T timing, and if you're really unlucky, it gets downclocked to PC2700, when you fill all 4 memory-slots. And if you read the stickies on the OCing page, there is no difference between ValueRAM and expensive RAM if you're NOT overclocking. I can't find it now, but somebody posted a thread 2 or 3 days ago with charts showing the drop in performance when you use 4x512MB.

I was thinking last night about doing SLi for future addon when games get more intensive. Is it worth buying the SLi 7900 over the 7900 KO? I know the heatsink on the KO is better and it's a very POWERFUL card and I think it'll last a long time, but just wondering on what I should do.

*shrug* the difference between PC3200 and 2700 is not that much in the first place when your talking about 2 gigs of ram, and anyways, during the time i bought it, I was being told that 4x512 worked better since you used dual channel for each 1gig enhancing your bandwidth, besides, I dont care to much, my machine is a beast =P

Hmm, that's wierd. I don't recolect seeing the sli logo at the top... which it doesn't on the thumbnail view, but you are right, it is SLi supported. Sweet.

Near the airport eh parent are coming back tonight lol btw I live over in Pine Township (Pine-Richland School District) Sry bout that lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom