Windows logo testing & I/O error

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirgeKananga

Baseband Member
After getting my computer worked on again (eMachine garbage!), I've been installing programs, drivers, and such. During some of the installations, I'll get a message warning me that a certain program/driver has not passed Windows logo testing. I'm aware of the warnings, but almost everything I've got had that message! Is that something I really need to worry about?

Also, before I had my OS restored, I backed up all of my music files and videos to an external hard drive. I hook it up via USB to put the files back on my PC, and an error message reads, "cannot copy file due to I/O error". What does that mean?

dirgeKananga said:
Also, before I had my OS restored, I backed up all of my music files and videos to an external hard drive. I hook it up via USB to put the files back on my PC, and an error message reads, "cannot copy file due to I/O error". What does that mean?

What version of Windows? With XP get the latest service pack 2, Windows 2000 get service pack 4. God forbid you run any previous version of Windows.

I've got Windows XP w/service pack 2.

I was able to download the videos again, but the music files. I had about 110 hrs of music on there, and I really don't want to rip all those CDs again!

The external HD that I copied them too is normally hooked up to an older computer. I believe it's running Windows XP as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom