Decisions Decision, Opinions Wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

updawg

Baseband Member
“Barebone Setup”
Case: RAIDMAX RX-9 GT Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower $129.99
Power Supply: AeroCool ZERODBA 620W $118.99
Hard Drive: Western Digital Raptor 150GB, 16MB Cache, Serial ATA-150, 10,000 RPM $334.99
Media Card Reader: LINKSKEY (LKA-CR15B) 19-in-1 USB 2.0 Black $12.99
Casing Fans: AeroCool XtremeTurbine-Black 120mm Sleeve Case Cooling Fan x2 $29.98
Total: $626.94

This is my “Barebone Setup” that I want to purchase this summer. I had a complete setup in mind including an Opteron 170 on an ASUS A8N32 Deluxe board with an eVGA 7900GT KO gpu BUT I’m reconsidering purchasing these in the coming weeks. I just started my summer job and won’t see cash flow for about a month posing this question!

Question:
Should I wait on my mobo/cpu/gpu with the releases of the g80 Conroe and AM2?
---Thus allowing either price drops on my current setup idea or allowing me to indulge
upon the latest technology.

The total with the opty asus and eVGA along with 2 gig Crucial XMS comes to 1788.91 (priced on newegg).

Any other suggestions to this build would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Mike

i say go easy with that harddrive, for one, get a smaller one, install the os and program files on it, and get a 300GB secondary for teh money you'd save on which you store your other files.

you should mention that 29.98 is the price for two, not one of them fans.

nice choice on the case

Well the HD has 10,000 RPM and 16 meg cache with super fast response times I was under the impression that was one of the best, maybe a little overpriced but newegg runs sales all the time hopefully I can catch a break.

Also theres x2 following the fan item description!

I really like the case too, hopefully its not too cramped!

Thanks,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom