VID control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazer_viking

In Runtime
Is the VID Control the same as the VCORE? some site said that it was (and there is no VCORE in my new bios) so i set this to 1.450 but i got only 1-2C temp change. (normally i get about 50c under load @ this voltage, now im only getting 40-43c). anyone have ne info that could help me? It's appreciated, thanks.

is it safe to trust mbm5's readings? speedfan always read 50c at this voltage... so im apprehensive to trust another program that reports it lower.

edit: could the diffrent cpu compound maybe have something to do with the drop in temp? thats the only thing i replaced cooling wise..

but would you say its safe to trust mbm5? if its reading everything from my mobo, then maybe my motherboard could be reporting something weird? because i've got the voltage @ 1.5 and the temp is idling at 34c (my chip is 1.425 stock...) and im really afraid to go much higher because on my old chip it would idle 45c @ 1.475... are you sure CPU VID control is the same as vcore? also, mbm5 is saying that vcore +VID is 1.47v.... and i know thats not true because i just set it to 1.5v in the bios. its making me really nervous about mbm5... on the other hand.... if everything is correct i have a very uber chip....

okay heres a pic with contradicting things in it. vid is 1.400 in clockgen, but 1.47 in mbm5. take note that that tempuratre displayed is about 6 minutes into prime95...
vcore.png

most motherboards report voltages incorrectly. just trust the voltage setting you made in BIOS. why don't you use ITE smart guardian? it should be on the driver disc for your motherboard. also you should buy a decent air cooler if not a water cooler. no sense in frying your ~$700 (estimating seeing as i'm australian) processor because you couldn't be bothered spending ~$40 on a decent cooler.

hmm kay i just had a thought. my temperatures aren't being affected much by the CPU VID (i had it on maxmimum allowable voltage (keep in mind i had stock cooling) and temps were >50c on load.) and clockgen says maximum voltage is 1.450v. mbm5 kept saying 1.49v when i had it on 1.500v so all these events lead to the conclusion that my mobo is not allowing < 1.450v. anyone agree with me? has the DFI xpert board ever had anything like this happening? anyone know how to fix it?

also: ITE smartguardian doesnt work on my computer. it says some extension file couldn't be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom