empty temp intnet files automatically?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No not that, there should be a folder call Advanced Tab there. It will have the setting in there. If not then try the computer configuration. What version of Windows server are you running?

well, there is no FOLDER called advanced tab. i can only diable, enable or not configure the entire advanvced tab.

no, it's not under computer configuration.... :(

Selina, this is what I am talking about but this is on a 2003 server http://members.cox.net/mypeth/emptytempIEclosed.JPG

I guess 2000 server doesn't support it, I try looking for it on Windows 2000 Professional client and it's not there, and you also said you can't find it on 2000 server so I'm guessing the 2000 edition don't have this GPO setting. But 2003 and XP does.

I just hope you have the latest service pack for all your machines, and the latest IE.

well, my workstation is running xp and it doesn't have the advanced tab folder to set each indivisual listing in it...

That's weird, because I have a desktop with XP Pro that has the setting but I have a laptop with XP Pro that doesn't!! Both are SP2, the desktop IE is version 7 beta 2, laptop IE is version 7 beta 2. Both have the latest updates, but I don't know why you don't see it on your XP machine with IE6 SP1? It should be there (the setting require IE6 SP1 and higher)

Have you tried using a batch file? such as

DELETE %windir%\douments and settings\username\tempdir

(that wont work but that sort of thing will work, if you find the correct file path)

I know why, I was using IE 7 but an earlier version, I just updated to the latest version 7.0.5346.5 and I get the setting on my laptop. I don't know why IE 6 doesn't have it, but server 2003 uses IE 6 and the setting is there.

I guess you'll probably need to upgrade to IE7 on XP for the setting or upgrade to server 2003 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom