Warez Monster has an issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warez Monster said:
I didnt put and updates on it the seconds time and it still happened

I used my personal XP cd, the companies, and now HP's cd

that's exactly what happen 3-4 years ago. everytime you reformated the problem stayed because they put something in the boot sector that would not go away. so as soon as you reinstall windows it would look fine for a momonet, but the longer you messed with it, the more goofy stuff would happen

back then we would have to take the hdd out of the machine and slave it to another computer and use partition magic secure data erase feature (which took a long time to do) to fix the hdd so that the problem would disappear.

powermax speeded that process up considerably

powermax didnt even locate my drive to format it. What I did today was use a regular copy of xp with no service packs, instaled the drivers, then updated it one by one and so far so good.

looks like I gotta call HP and see whats up. This morning after I came in, logged in, got registry errors, reboot, now I cant even log in..... :(

Warez Monster said:
looks like I gotta call HP and see whats up. This morning after I came in, logged in, got registry errors, reboot, now I cant even log in..... :(

I had a feeling that you was going to say that

Warez Monster said:
powermax didn't even locate my drive to format it. What I did today was use a regular copy of xp with no service packs, instaled the drivers, then updated it one by one and so far so good.
on your techie toolkit cd, there is something to clear that bootsector up or there is a tool on there that should recognize your hard drive to delete it.

you could also put another hdd in and stay away from windows updates.

are these desktops or laptops?
what kind of hard drive is it?

desktop

not sure on the hdd yet

Im installing xp on a new T43 right now with the same xp cd and it will be just fine but give me a desktop and all **** breaks loose...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom